Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Top finishers of MPSJ-NST Run have their say

2010/06/14
By Dawn Chan and Farhana Syed
Nokmanstreets@nstp.com.my

SUBANG JAYA: M. Murali is a seasoned runner but the Subang Jaya Municipal Council-New Straits Times Carnival and 10km Run 2010 was his first competitive run of the year. His years of training stood him in good stead, however, as he easily clinched first place in the Men Open 10km category, clocking in at 34 minutes and 15 seconds.The 28-year-old entrepreneur from Semenyih said he usually secures the top three positions in running competitions. "This is my first run this year and I truly enjoyed myself. The running route is excellent, making it easier to win the race. I hope the event will be organised again as I am looking forward to joining it again," he said.
In the Men Junior Veteran 7km category, Subang Jaya resident Ong Chin won first place, clocking in at 24 minutes and 44 seconds.Also a regular runner, Ong is no stranger to running competitions organised by the council.
R. Nanchappan, who travelled all the way from Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands, to Subang Jaya proved the journey was worthwhile when he finished first in the Men Senior Veteran 7km category.The government hospital driver, who runs a distance of 10km five times a week, described the race as a breeze."I enjoyed the run because the route was good and well organised. I would definitely want to join again and I will bring my friends along with me as I am all for promoting healthy living," said the 54-year-old.
For N. Ugeswary, coming in first in the 13-17 Year-Old-Girls Open 7km category with a record of 32 minutes and 33 seconds was not enough.The SMK Bahau, Negri Sembilan student said she aspires to do better in terms of timing. "But I am happy because I got to share my joy with all my school friends who also competed today," she said.
Businesswoman Cheah Meei Meei ran her heart out and secured first place in the Women Open 10km category.The 34-year-old from Shah Alam said she had gone all out as this was the last year she qualified for the Women Open category."I will be 'upgraded' to the Women Veteran category and I wanted to end my time in this category on a high note. I am glad I got to do that," she said.Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...